Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tabidatsu Kimi E - My First Collaboration Project!

I got so excited when a very talented singer actually considered to record a collaboration cover with me via YouTube, since I'm only new to this business of covering songs, and admittedly not the talented one. Yes, I do have some recorded covers in my YouTube channel, but those are all demo covers. My intention was for real singers to actually remake them.

So when this girl, TheShinminhyun , invited me to sing a duet with her, I was very hesitant because she's really good (and promise, this is not an overstatement), and I don't feel talented enough to sing with her; When I listened to her cover of Utada Hikaru's First Love, I was so impressed because she sang it with such emotion that I was at point of tears. This was the start of our collaboration [and hopefully, she would also consider me as one of her friends : )].

The song we worked on is RSP's Tabidatsu Kimi E, which was very memorable to me because I was in the hospital due to a minor surgery when I first heard it - that was on 02Dec2011. From then on, I fell in love with the song and even planned to make a sing-along English version but wasn't able to come up with one yet. 


But now, about a year later, I got to sing this song and this time, with a very talented girl from Indonesia. Her real name is Shintia, and she went through a lot of troubles while working on this project, so it took a while before she was finally able to finish producing the track.

Finally, on 09Dec2012, she messaged me with the link of our collab in MP3 format, and I was in awe when I heard her voice because she sounded almost like the real singer (even my niece, Molly Mae, said the same upon hearing her voice). Immediately, I worked on producing the first version of the video, and almost a month later, I have finally uploaded our official video in HD.


Here are the videos for my first collab project. "Hope you all like it.

(first version)


(live cover version)

 
Lyrics ( Romaji )
Sakura mau mada sukoshi samui sora no shita
Kimi wa yuku chiisana kata ni
Yume ya kibou nosete
Ima tabidatsu kimi ni okuritai
Kyou kurai majime ni ittatte ii jan
(Ittatte ii jan)
Arittake no egao o hanataba ni
Kimi ni tsutae yo MESSEJI
~ chorus ~
Arigatou, issho ni waratte kurete
Arigatou, issho ni naite kurete
Daijoubu da yo shinpai nai yo
Shinjita michi dake massugu ni hashirun da yo
Kimi dake ni ucchi ake ta
Naishoubanashi toka
(There’s a secret for you…)
Tokidoki wa butsukari atte
Kenka moshi dakedo
Konna ni kokoro yuru seru hito wa
Mettani iru mon janai yo ne (janai yo ne)
Tsunakattara guchiru no mo ari de
Dekita itoki wa denwa shite
Daijoubu donna ni hanarete itemo
Daijoubu itsu datte mikata dakara
Kekkon shitemo
Obasan ni nattemo
Itsu made tattemo
Jiman no shinyuu da yo
Fuzake tafurishite afureru namida go makashita
Ugoki dasu mado no mukou
Te wo furu kimi no sugataga
Dandan chiisaku natteku
~ chorus ~
Arigatou, issho ni waratte kurete
Arigatou, issho ni naite kurete
Kawatte yuku toki no naka de
Kimi wa kawaranai deite
Sayonara koko kara
Hajimaru kara
Sayonara itsu datte
Mikata dakara
Daijobu da yo
Hitori ja nai yo
Kaete kuru basho wa itsu demo
Koko ni aru yo
Koko ni aru yo
Koko ni aru yo
Koko ni aru yo
Lyrics ( Translation )
Cherry blossoms dance under the chilly spring sky.
You march on, with dreams and hopes upon your little shoulders.
I want to send you off as you begin your journey.
I should have done that seriously at least today.
(I should have.)
I placed all my smiles in a bouquet of flowers
that I am sending to you along with a message:
~ chorus ~
Thank you for laughing with me.
Thank you for crying with me.
Don’t worry, you will be fine.
Just keep going straight in the path you believe in.
I opened my heart only to you
I am telling you my screets and all.
(There’s a secret for you…)
At times I can beat you.
They are pseudo fights though.
Such merciful people are really rare, aren’t they?
(Aren’t they?)
When it get really, really hard,
You can just give me a call.
You’ll be okay, no matter how far apart we become.
You’ll be okay because I will always be your friend.
Even if you get married
Even if you grow old
No matter how much time passes
You will be my best friend I proud of.
The overflowing fake tears you set free deceived me.
On the other side of the moving window,
Your figure gradually draws further away
As you wave at me.
~ chorus ~
Thank you for laughing with me.
Thank you for crying with me.
In the times that keep changing
you keep marching on without changing.
Good-bye,
It starts from now on.
Good-bye,
I will always be your friend.
You will be fine,
You are not alone.
You’ll always have a place to go back to,
Right here.
Right here.
Right here.
Right here.