Sunday, November 4, 2012

Closer- English Cover (Presenting: YouTube Cover Singer, Studio Sylar)

Hi guys. I'm starting a series of blogs featuring my favorite YouTube cover singers, while at the same time, attempting to remake one of their popularized covers. I'm starting off with my first favorite cover singer, StudioSylar. You'll find her video posted on this blog if you just read on.

I first found out about this amazing talent through a YT suggested video. Her video, an English cover of Lyn's Back in Time just happened to keep on showing up whenever I log on, so I finally decided to check it out and the first time I saw her video, I was blown away by her talent.

As I've said, StudioSylar is my first favorite YT cover singer, and because of her, I started to search for more talented cover singers in the YT realm, and was so happy to find a lot of them. Thus, the idea of featuring them in my blog was born. I realized that there could be more people out there who would also appreciate raw talents, and I feel that it's my job to introduce them to these talented people.

The following is my interview with StudioSylar done through a correspondence via YT's instant message facility.

Channel Name: StudioSylar <<< click here to visit her channel <<<

How are you? What was your first take on this invitation?

I'm doing great ;) Your invitation to do this interview came as a big surprise and I feel honored that you feel I'm even worth blogging about ^^



Can you tell us your real name, or at least tell us how your friends call you? And where are you from?

I'm from the U.S. and my friends call me Lena.


What else do you do when not working on song covers? Any other hobby or hobbies you'd like to share with us?

Besides singing (which is my favorite hobby ^^) Some of my other hobbies include dancing and learning popular dance choreography; I love to read and enjoy writing short stories; I spend a lot of time with friends and family and we do things together like camping and traveling.


Did you realize that you're quite popular now in the world of song covers? How does it feel?I didn't realize that I was popular on YouTube so I am thankful and grateful for fans like you that appreciate my covers and leave me such wonderful comments. It is all of you that encourage me to keep singing and to share my voice so thank you all so much for your support! I feel blessed to have been able to touch your lives even in a small way.


How many subscribers and views do you have so far?

I currently have 2700+ subscribers and over 1 million views. Again I'm so thankful to my supporters because I never thought in a million years that there would be anyone that would subscribe to my channel.


When did you start singing?

I started singing when I was very young, both of my parents are former musicians and they were the guiding lights behind my venture into music.


When did you start doing covers?

I am into my second year as a YouTube cover artist so I actually started doing public covers rather late.


Who are your favorite singers, and what genre of music do you prefer?

Some of my favorite artists include: Bruno Mars, Michael Buble, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, No Doubt, Maroon5, Black Eyed Peas, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Chris Brown and so much more for American artists.

However, I mostly listen to Kpop these days and some of my favorite artists include: 2Bic, Davichi, KJK, Beast, IU, Sung Si Kyung, Kim Bum Soo, Lyn, Ali, Ailee, 2AM, K.Will, SNSD, Secret, BAP, Lyn, BEG, Jay Park, Big Bang, 2NE1, and again so many other artists.


What makes a StudioSylar cover unique among all other covers?

I'm not really sure if I offer much uniqueness to the table. I really just try to be me and do my best to put my own style into the songs that I cover. Eventually, I hope to master my style and become more consistent.


Any message to our readers?
Umm.. to all of the readers that may read this: All I have to say is don't waste your life doing what people expect you to do. Life is too short. Do what you love the most and do what makes you happy.


AND NOW.... ALLOW ME TO PRESENT TO YOU STUDIOSYLAR'S RENDITION OF "TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU'S" OST: CLOSER, POPULARIZED BY KIM TAE-YEON
[Majestic Fanfare playing : D]

(StudioSylar's English Cover)

(My Version - forgive the sharps or flats, whatever... it just proves that nothing still beats the original)

Closer (Taeyeon)

Lyrics:
StudioSylar
Instrumental:
FollowHeart9

Verse 1
There are so many things I can't say to you
Never once, was I able to tell you the truth

I'm not the kind of man who loves so easily
I'm not the kind of man who falls for anyone I see

Refrain:
Somewhere in this sea of people in the world
You're the only one I see; you're the one I need

Chorus:
I'm standing here only looking at you
After this love there won't be anyone but you

Innocently like a child,
With a fragile heart in hand
Embracing you so patiently,
Waiting for your love

Verse 2:
Even if my memory can't recall your name
I know my heart, remembers you,
and will take away the pain

Even though one day we'll have to be apart
Just today, let's only think of what's in our hearts

Refrain:
Somewhere in this sea of people in the world
You're the only one I see; you're the one I need

Closer:
I'm standing here only looking at you
After this love there won't be anyone but you

Innocently like a child,
With a fragile heart in hand
Embracing you- so patiently,-
Waiting for your love

Bridge:
And now I know that I am not alone
Because you are here
You've come, to take me away
And now we're free

(Instrumental)

Chorus 2:
There's no one else, you're everything to me
Please know that I'll love you for all eternity

Innocently like a child,
With a fragile heart in hand
Embracing you so patiently,
Waiting for your love

Coda:
You're holding me
You're loving me
Giving me your love










No comments: