Saturday, November 17, 2012

Youtube Cover Singer Series: Presenting XSTARBYUL96

After a little break, I'm back with my next article (but still without the video remakes for Delusionaal and Xstarbyrul96..hehe.. I'll catch up soon). To read my previous features, click these:

StudioSylar Sings in Yume No Kitsune
Cute YT Cover Artist in the House

This time, I'm very proud to present a kababayan. She's a cute Fil-Am girl who I would describe in two words as "Passionate" and "Talented". You'll see it in her covers. This girl won't settle for anything less than perfect, and that's the reason why she also became my favorite YT cover artist. You'll find her video posted on this blog, if you just read on.

Now, let's get to know this girl. Here's the interview:

Channel name: xstarbyul96


How are you? What was your first take on this invitation?
I'm doing good :) Thanks for asking. I was quite surprised when I first saw this hehe.

Can you tell us your real name, or at least tell us how your friends call you? And where are you from?
My real name is Donalyn. Kaye is the nickname that my family gave me, based on my middle name (which I'm not giving away haha). I'm from the Philippines but I live in the U.S. right now. :)

What academic level are you in now? (HS, College?)
I'm in HS.

What else do you do when not working on song covers? Any other hobby or hobbies you'd like to share with us?
I read sometimes. Most of the time I listen to music though. Some of my hobbies are playing the guitar and drawing.

Did you realize that you're quite popular now in the world of song covers? How does it feel?
Haha it feels amazing to know that a lot of people enjoy my covers :)

How many subscribers and views do you have so far?
Currently I have 169 subscribers and about 52,000 views.

When did you start doing covers, and what was your first work?
I started doing covers on Sept. 14, 2012. My first cover was a short version of "Baby Don't Cry" by EXO.

When did you start singing?
I started singing when I was three years old x)

Who are your favorite singers, and what genre of music do you prefer?
My ultimate favorite singer is Celine Dion. As of right now I listen to a lot of K-Pop and the groups that I really love are SNSD and EXO.

What makes an xstarbyul96 cover unique among all other covers?
I think that my effort and hard work can be seen (or I guess heard) in my covers. I really make sure to enjoy the song I'm singing and to always put in 100% energy and effort in them :)

Any message to our readers?
I would just like to say thank you for supporting me and enjoying my covers. I hope everyone will still continue to look forward to my future covers as well :)
My tumblr is: http://sarang-exo.tumblr.com/

AND NOW, GET READY FOR AN XSTARBYUL96 EXPERIENCE
(Philharmonic Orchestra starts Playing)

Published on Nob 9, 2012 by xstarbyul96

"OMG this was such a hard song for me to record (believe it or not). xD
Took me about three days to put everything together.

Hope you all like this! Thanks for watching. :)
Please comment and like as well ♥"

No comments: